I debated several methods of arranging and hanging them, but I ended up using the steps below. I'm sure there are lots of gallery wall hanging tutorials out there, but what I ended up doing was truly foolproof. I made no extra holes in the wall, and I managed to arrange and hang all of the frames all by myself! Having never even used a hammer before hanging this gallery wall, I was pretty proud of myself:) Here's how to hang a gallery wall the easy way:
1. Using kraft or butcher paper, trace and cut out templates for each frame.
2. Place the template on the backside of the frame and line up the edges.
3. Carefully lift up part of the template to find the hanger or wall mount.
4. Holding the place of the hanger/wall mount with your finger, use a nail to make a hole in the template where it would go as if hanging on the wall.
5. Place frames on the floor or on a table in the arrangement you would like them on the wall.
6. Using the arrangement of the frames you previously made, tape the templates to the wall using painter's tape. Once you are pleased with the arrangement, hammer nails into the holes made in the templates in step #4.
6. Remove templates and hang the frames.