Colleen tagged me to share 5 things, so here goes! If you're a blogger and haven't done this as it's made the rounds, then I tag you:) Have a great weekend!
1. I'm always late. I have the clock in my car set 4 minutes fast so that when I'm rushing to wherever I'm supposed to be, I feel a teeny bit better having those 4 extra minutes built in. My dad has always set his car clock fast, and I just found out one of my sisters does too. This drives all of our spouses crazy. Caleb seriously cannot figure out what time it is when we take my car, and earlier this week he changed my clock to be the "normal" time, and I was late for work. Of course.
2. I like the smell of skunks. Not like I want one to spray me, but if we're driving down the road and there's a faint-to-medium skunk smell, I like it. Weird, I know.
3. The summer after I finished college I went to China with the U.S. State Department for a three-month intensive Chinese language and culture immersion program. I didn't know anyone in my group of 30, and we had to sign a contract stating we wouldn't speak English all summer. The days leading up to it I was SO nervous, more nervous than I had ever been about a single experience. But it turned out to be one of the best experiences I've ever had--I learned so much and LOVED every minute of it.
4. When I was little I was kind of a disaster. I was always breaking something or spilling something, my room was a complete mess, and I saved everything in little piles/boxes in my closet. My dad called me "Carrie-less" because I was so careless all the time. Now I'm 180 degrees the opposite. I periodically purge our house and throw everything away. I'm a neat freak and have quite a few OCD tendencies. I don't know what happened, but something just snapped!
5. Sushi, bleu cheese, and Greek yogurt: I don't like these foods. I feel like I'm supposed to because everyone else does, but I've tried to make myself and I just don't. Please don't make me eat them if you have me over.