Rarely do I paint my nails. I just don't find it practical with all of the cooking and then subsequent dish-washing that I do. However, the other day it was kind of rainy and I was tired and a little bored. So I decided to try this nail idea I had seen. I ended up really liking it! I call it a confetti manicure because I think it looks like I dipped the ends of my nails in confetti. All you need is nail polish and a couple of bobby pins.
1. I did two coats of essie ballet slippers and let them dry.
2. Then, I opened up a bobby pin and bent it into one straight piece.
3. I put a few drops of essie peach daiquiri on a post-it note, dipped one end of the bobby pin into the nail polish, and then "stamped" random dots of color on all of the nails on one hand. I re-dipped the bobby pin after each dot I placed on a nail. I let those dots dry.
4. I then repeated the "stamping" of the dots with Sephora by OPI Meet for Drinks and let those dots dry.
5. Then I repeated the "stamping" with essie chinchilly and let those dots dry.
6. I did steps 3-5 for the other hand, then put a top coat on each hand.